Monday 1 April 2013

Stabbed

I want to set you free.
I want to step away from you.
I want to listen to my inner voice,
telling me how infectious you are.
I can see my heart dying from the pain you are causing me.
You are the villain in a movie,
giving me a blank cold stare,
your hands around the hilt of a knife,
the knife sunk deep into my heart...
There is so much blood, 
the blood you managed to bring out.
This, 
this is not love,
this is fear.
Fear of losing my mind.
Fear that what I saw was not true,
and I guess it wasn't true.
None of it was true.
Fear,
that my dreams are actually nightmares,
that my laughs are actually cries,
my days are nights,
my smiles are tears.
You are something I'm using to convince myself,
that yeah, love is a pain in the neck,
but in the end, it will be worth it.
You are not Love.
I'm the one afraid,
but I can see how scared you are.
You are so scared that running like mad is your only option,
so scared that you trust none.
You better be careful,
before the one you actually might trust,
with stab you from the behind.


No comments:

Post a Comment