Saturday 8 September 2012

Imagination


I imagine,
that somewhere in a busy place,
I work for the bare necessities of life,
and knowing me,
I would dive myself crazy for the sake of others.

I imagine,
one day outta the blue,
I would come home in tears,
for some reason what so ever,
and I would sit on the cold, tiled floor,
and stare at the space in front of me.

I imagine,
you sitting there, a smile on your face,
a cigarette in between your fingers,
your eyes sad, with tears filling up in them,
and your free hand rested on mine.

I imagine,
your tears drying up,
and the cigarette being thrown away;
your voice sounding close to my ear,
your arms wrapped around my shoulders,
my tears falling to the floor.

I imagine,
you telling me that you will always be there for me,
telling me that my tears are worth a million,
telling me that there is no harm in crying,
telling me that however I am, you will never desert me.

Now, here I am,
where you are,
and I long for my imagination to become a reality,
I long for you to hold onto me,
and never let me go.
I am asking for this,
even though it may not be possible,
but there is this spark of hope in me,
that keeps me going…
You fill everything apart from reality,
so if I get some peace out of it,
what’s the harm in losing myself in my imagination?


No comments:

Post a Comment