Saturday 4 August 2012

The Stranger

I saw innocence.
Innocence deep in his dark eyes,
so don't tell me what to do.
I know I did right when I smiled at him,
when I grinned at myself when he grinned back,
I know I did right to wave at him,
at this person who I don't know.
Let me tell you something:
if people din't take the risk,
to  become acquainted with a stranger,
would there be a sense of friendship in every person?
No,
there would be nothing called "friendship."
I knew you, and every other person who said so was wrong,
call me a dictator, a control freak,
but I know you all were wrong.
"Who knows how old he is?
  Where he has been?
  How could you be so idiotic?" are the questions you will ask me,
and I will tell you to shut up,
because there is this instinct in every human being,
which tells them right from wrong.
How can I help it if you can't seem to find yours?
Well you will say that I am right, soon, when you meet this stranger.
He may be older than me,
may have been through dark times,
may have suffered,
and what not,
but that does not mean,
that he is not human,
because decent human beings,
know that when someone smiles at them,
they should smile back,
no matter what.



No comments:

Post a Comment