Tuesday 28 August 2012

Your Dark Eyes

I see myself in the mirror,
and there I begin to realise how much I have changed,
how much more I smile,
how much different I look,
how much my eyes seem to dance,
how much good there is in me.
Then, somewhere hidden,
I see more of the change,
more anger there is to me,
the tears sliding down my face,
the sobs I can't seem to hear,
the pain I can't seem to feel.
Then I see you,
standing behind me,
watching me with those death-like eyes,
staring at me with a ghostly look,
that makes me feel cold,
and at the same time sends this massive electric shock across my body,
that makes me tremble with an emotion,
that I was never able to decipher;
and I long to turn around and cry on your shoulder,
but now I seem to know you much better,
yet I don't know you at all,
and, more than ever, I don't want to turn around,
to see that I was only imagining you.
You never seem to change, but you are not the same person I had met before,
and how much ever I run away,
those haunting eyes of yours,
they never leave me alone,
and now when I am staring into the mirror,
into your eyes,
and don't turn around,
I want to look away,
away from you,
but even after all of this,
I still find some peace,
some amount of refuge,
some solace,
in those eyes of yours...



No comments:

Post a Comment